Feel free to add a link to your own blog on the sidebar and post any and all recipes you and your families enjoy.
You can do this by signing in at usu62nd@gmail.com and with 7thstake as the password. This will be a great way to learn more about our ward members!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Cafe Rio Pork and Ranch Dressing

This weekend Dallin and I decided to be ambitious and try a new recipe that we got from someone he works with. I was pleasantly surprised. I like the pork at cafe rio. I know there are about a million knock off recipes out there and none of them taste Iexactly the same, but this one turned out pretty good. We also made the cafe rio rice that Tiffany Morris posted on her recipe blog, and some black beans to make burritos. I must say they turned out pretty good. The pork makes great leftovers for burritos or quesadillas or salads. Let me know what you think. Sorry about the lack of a picture on this one.

Café Rio Sweet Pork (Crock-Pot)
2 ½ pounds pork loin
minced garlic clove
garlic salt
salt
pepper
2 cups Coke
1 heaping tsp each of Dry Ground Mustard and Cumin
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 cup brown sugar

Put pork in crock pot and fill with water half way- cook on low over night (about 12 hours).

Drain liquid and add coke, garlic, dry ground mustard, cumin, salt, and pepper in the crock pot.
Put lid back on and cook on low for 4 hours. Shred pork and drain liquid. Then add enchilada sauce and brown sugar and let cook until warm.

Café Rio Dressing

1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet (I made it the way the asterisk says, so I used sour cream and milk)
2 tomatillos (tomato like vegetable with a husk around them)—cut your tomatillos in half and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees to make them a little softer
½ bunch cilantro
1 tsp onion powder
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno

Blend all the ingredients well. Refrigerate.

Amber Koecher

No comments:

Post a Comment